A Different Direction by 24
Summary: Jarod finds out about Jordan and goes to see her. Ever since Michael T. Weiss appeared on Crossing Jordan I decided to do a story about it. One is where he meets Jordan and the other one is where James is mistaken for Jarod and caught.
Categories: Crossovers Characters: Jarod
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 2553 Read: 5550 Published: 22/05/05 Updated: 22/05/05

1. Part 1 by 24

2. Part 2 by 24

Part 1 by 24
Disclaimer: “The Pretender” “Crossing Jordan” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to their creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Author’s Note- This is another direction on Crossing Jordan and Pretender Crossover. I went to imdb.com and read what the summery to Crossing Jordan and in it was that Jordan solved cases with her dad when she was younger. What happened if Jordan was taken from the Centre by Catherine Parker and taken to the Cavanaugh’s?


Crossing Jordan.
By: 24
A different direction



Jarod read the paper about Jordan Cavanaugh who was in the hospital due to the fact that she was drugged. The man responsible for this was dead shot by Jordan’s father Max. He studied the picture and wondered where he had seen her before. Looking at his Halliburton case he took a disk out and inserted it into the player.



***

Jarod

For Centre use only.





Sydney and Jarod were in the sim lab about ready to do a sim when Mr. Raines and a young girl came in.



“Jarod I would like you to meet Jordan. She is a test subject like you are.” Sydney said to his protégé.



“Is she a pretender?”



“Yes, Jarod.”



“Hi.” Young Jarod replied to the girl.



“Hi.”



As the day went on the sim was finished and the exhausted pretenders sat in their chairs and waited.



“Are you both done?”



“Yes.”



“Good.”



“Time to go back Jordan.”



“Yes, Mr. Raines.”



“Goodbye Jordan.”



“Goodbye Jarod.”



The sim ended there and Jarod took it out looking back at the paper. He wondered could this be the same Jordan. He knew that he had to find out, so he packed his things and left not even leaving a clue to where he was going.



****

Inside Jordan’s Room.



Jarod picked up Jordan’s chart and looked at it then put it down as she moved signaling that she was waking. She blinked her eyes as she saw the Doctor.



“Hi I’m Jarod and I’m your new Doctor.”



“Hi.”



Just then the door opened and in came Max, Jordan’s father. He looked at the Doctor and took a double take.



“Get away from my daughter James.”



“I’m not James my name is Jarod and I’m your daughter’s Doctor.”



“Dad this is Jarod, Jarod this is Max my father. I knew that you weren’t James when I woke up. You have almost the same haunted look as James does, but what he has in his eyes is not in yours.”



“Who is James?”



“He’s my half brother.”



“Oh.”



Max looked at how Jarod was interacting with his daughter and knew that this was not James.



“I’m sorry when I thought that you were James. She’s right. You do have a loneliness about you, a haunted look, but not the same eyes as James.”



“It’s okay.”



*****

The next day.



Jarod had been building a friendship with the two of them and thought that it was about time to find out more about them. He slipped inside Jordan’s room and found that Max was there which was good because he needed to talk to him too.



“Hello Jarod.”



“Hi.”



“What’s the matter?”



“I was thinking about something. Have you two heard anything about the Centre?”



“What do you mean?” Max eyed Jarod as he said The Centre.



“Do you know anything about the Centre? What they do and stuff like that?”



He looked at Jordan and saw her curious face. The secret had to come out sooner or later, but who was this guy.



“Who are you?”



Jarod sighed and then looked at Max. “I was taken from my parents when I was a child and taken to The Centre while I was there I was in isolation. They trained me to become a pretender, a genius that can become anyone I want to be. While I was there, I found out that they were using my simulations to hurt and kill people so I escaped. I’ve been on the run since going from place to place trying to stay one step away from my hunters. They still want me back you see.”



“I’m sorry Jarod. I didn’t know. Catherine never got you out did she?”



“No and neither did she get her daughter out. She’s part of the group that’s hunting me to return me.”



“I’m sorry Jordan, but I never told you. A woman named Catherine Parker gave you to us. She told us that you needed to be hidden. She told us a little bit about the Centre and what you did there, but that was all. You were trained as a pretender too like Jarod.”



“It’s not true.”



“I’m sorry Jordan it’s true. I saw your picture in the paper and thought that I recognized you. I found the DSA I was looking for and found that we did a simulation together. You see they recorded my whole life. I even did a simulation with my brother who at the time I didn’t know he was my brother. It was a year after I escaped that I found out that the little boy that I accidentally spilt acid on was my own brother. They told me that it was water, but it was acid.”



“Oh, gosh it’s true.”



“Yes, Jordan. It’s true.”



She looked out the window and then back at both the men. She looked at her father and then at Jarod. She could feel that he was worried about her.



“I’m okay. It was just a lot to digest.”



“I’m sorry I had to tell you, but The Centre may come after you. You have to be careful.”



“Were there more pretenders than us three?”



“Yes, but both are dead. What about James? I have a clone did they clone another me?”



“I don’t know Jarod, I really don’t know.”



“I have to go now to make my rounds. I’ll see you later.”



“Goodbye Jarod.”



He walked out of her room wondering if James was his brother or more importantly his twin, or a clone.



****

A couple of days later.



Jarod walked into Jordan’s room to find Max and Jordan talking.



“I see that tomorrow that you are being discharged.”



“Yes, I will be glad to go home again.”



“I bet you are.” He smiled at her.



“What is it Jarod?”



“I have to go today. I didn’t leave any clues to where I was going, but the paper had your picture in it. I don’t know if The Centre knows who you are or not. There was a pretender named Eddie who had a family, but died when another pretender named Alex killed him. Don’t worry Alex is dead. I was just wondering if they would leave you alone like they left Eddie alone. Don’t worry I’ll keep an eye on them and warn you if anything happens. Of course they might not want you back because you haven’t used your pretender skills since you were a child.”



“You’re leaving?”



“I have to Jordan. If they find me here they might find you.”



“If they find you then they’ll take you back.”



“If it means that they leave you alone then I’ll be taken back.”



“Why you barely know me.”



“I didn’t say that I would stay.” He smiled at her. He handed her an envelope. “If anything happens call me. If the Centre were to come right now and I told them to take me back, but to leave you. That is if they knew who you were. Take what is in that envelope and use it. I’ve set everything up in case that happens.”



“Can’t you stay longer?”



“I’m sorry, but I can’t. Every minute I’m here I’m endangering you.”



“I hope that you find your parents Jarod.”



“Thank you Jordan and good luck.”



“Goodbye Max and take care of Jordan.” He handed the man a card with his number on it. “This is my number the same one that I gave to Jordan. If anything happens to either one of you use it.”



“Okay Jarod. Thank you for everything you’ve done.”



“I haven’t done anything.”



“Well, Thanks anyways.”



“You’re welcome.” He said as they shook hands.



He went to the door and opened it, looking back one more time and then left. He got into his car and wondered about James and Jordan. He got into his car and drove away thinking about that as he got on the highway towards destination unknown.
Part 2 by 24
Disclaimer: “The Pretender” “Crossing Jordan” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


This is a continuation of the different direction of the Crossing Jordan Crossover. This one is when the Centre captures James and thinks that he is Jarod.



Crossing Jordan
Different direction part 2
By: 24



James slipped out of the hospital as he saw a man that looked like him walk into his sisters room. He had just gotten out the door when a black car screeched to a stop in front of him. The men and woman got out and pointed guns at him.



“Who are you? Are you cops? I didn’t mean to kill that person when I was 16. He was trying to kill me and I killed him. My mother gave me the gun to protect myself.”



“What?”



“I didn’t mean to kill that person, but my mom gave me a gun to protect myself.”



“Jarod what are you babbling about?”



“My name is James Horton, not Jarod. I saw a man that looked like me going into my sisters room.”



“You have a sister?”



“Yes, her name is Jordan. We were separated before she was born. My stepfather gave me away to this couple that had lost a son. That is why my name is James because that was their dead sons name.”



“Jarod are you okay?”



“Who are you?”



“My name is Sydney and I used to take care of you.”



“Look I don’t know who you are. All I know is that my name is James, not Jarod.”



“Stop it lab rat. I’m sick of your games now get in.”



“I’m not Jarod. Why don’t you believe me?”



“Because we don’t now get in wonder boy.”



****

Blue Cove Delaware

The Centre.



James was thrown into a cell and wondered if this is where Jarod was kept. He didn’t get the chance to ask because they quickly left. He paced his tiny quarters wondering when they would get it that they got the wrong man. Yes, he did look like the one that they were chasing, but that was it.



Two hours later the door opened and a guard as he called them came in, grabbed him, led him out the door and into the sim lab.



“Now Jarod. I want to do a couple of tests to see if you lost any of your pretending ability.”



“What is a pretender?”



“That is what you are.”



“No, I’m not.”



Sydney ignored that and explained. “A pretender is a genius who can become anyone they want to be.”



“That is not I. I have never been classified as a genius.”



“Yes, you have Jarod. That is why the Centre took you from your parents and brought you here. So that we could mold your gifts.”



“You stole Jarod from his parents. That was almost the same thing that happened to me.”



“Jarod why do you keep on insisting that you are James.”



“Because that’s who I am. I am not Jarod.”



*****

That night.

Parker’s house.



The telephone rang waking its occupant. A slim arm reached out to grab the phone and held it up to her ear.



“What?”



“Why hello Miss Parker.”



“Jarod how did you get out this time?”



“What do you mean?”



“We just captured you today and your gone already.”



“You didn’t capture me. I would remember if you did or not.”



Miss Parker thought about what James was saying about not being Jarod. “James.”



“Excuse me.”



“The man we caught looked like you, but he said his name is James.”



“I’ll talk to you later, Miss Parker.” Jarod said as he hung up.



*****

Sydney’s house



“This is Sydney.”



“You have James? Did you make him do tests already?”



“Jarod how did you get out?”



“You never captured me you captured a man named James.”



“What?”



“Go to the Centre tomorrow. You will see that James is still there and I’ll call you.”



“Okay.”



He shook his head as he hung up and went back to sleep.



****

The Centre

Blue Cove, Delaware.



Sydney and Miss Parker walked into the building and then to James’s cell. “How did you call us?”



“I didn’t call you. How could I when I’m in here?”



Suddenly Miss Parker’s cell phone rang. “What?”



“So am I right? James is still there right and here I am still talking to you.”



“Jarod.”



“Of course.”



“So who is James?”



“That I don’t know, but I’m going to find out.”



****

A couple of days later.



Jarod slipped into The Centre undetected and made his way to James’s cell. James was lying down on a mattress that was thrown on the ground.



“Well, at least that’s better than what I got when I was last here.”



James quickly got up and stared at his double.



“Jarod.”



“Yes. I’m here to get you out.” He said as he started to get his tools out of his backpack.



“Come on lets go.” Jarod said as he held the door open for his double.



They crawled to the surface and quickly made it to the car that was waiting. As they drove away James looked at Jarod.



“No wonder they thought I was you.”



“Yes.”



“Were you really stolen from your parents because you’re a pretender?”



“Yes. I don’t know how old I was or how old I am now.”



“I’m sorry Jarod.”



“Not your fault.”



“Am I related to you?”



“No you are not.”



“Then why do I look like you?”



“Well I heard a saying once. Everyone has a double, so I guess you are mine.”



“Oh.”



Jarod drove James to an airport and put him on a plane “Goodbye James. It was interesting to have someone look like me that wasn’t my clone.”



“You have a clone?”



“Yes.”



“How old is he?”



“He should be about 17 or so now.”



“Well, I better go they are calling my row.”



“Goodbye.”



“Goodbye Jarod and thank you for getting me out.”



“You’re welcome.”



When everyone was on he stayed at the window watching the plane taxi away to wait in line for its turn. He then turned and walked out of the airport and back to his car.
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=2030