All Part of the Plan by Spectra
Summary: This is a really terrible little drabble that I'm only archiving here because it was on the original archive. Please don't flame me.
Categories: Anything/Miscellaneous Characters: Telling Would Spoil
Genres: Vignette
Warnings: None
Challenges: Drabble #04 Anything
Challenges: Drabble #04 Anything
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 470 Read: 2080 Published: 07/06/05 Updated: 07/06/05
default by Spectra
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

All Part of the Plan
By Spectra

The great escapee, the only object that had eluded her for so many years, came crawling back to the Princess, almost literally. He must have known, somehow, that he could not escape her again, for he returned peacefully. She laughed at him, and gloated as she mad him come with her, and he bound himself over to her. She received power from the rulers over her, and rose quickly into still higher positions, until none were higher than she. She passed all the rulers that had given her power, because of quick thinking, determination, and sheer ruthlessness. She obtained power through her ability to get the job done, as long as it suited her purpose.

The man was chained, kept in servitude, doing whatever the woman demanded. She threatened him to make him work, and dully, eyes glazed over, he served her evil reign.

Those who had served under her before faded, but didn't disappear, and watched with sad eyes at what the Princess had become, without a heart or conscious. She turned those who had once been her friends away in disbelief at her deeds. She punished those who didn't do as she pleased, and rewarded the few that actually accomplished anything. Under her hard and unyielding demands, many came and went. Cruelly, the Princess dealt with failure, but none had total success. And still, the watchers stood, silent, and sad.

Nothing flourished under her reign, not even evil. And it puzzled those who had been in charge before her coup. They did not understand how, under such a dedicated ruler, nothing could get done. Weak minds were brought in, and weaker still were the ones chosen to fail. The Princess still kept an iron grip on all her subjects, allowing no freedom, or pleasure. And the Princess gathered information, kept secrets, even from those she pretended to trust. For she trusted no one, and kept what she had learned hidden away from prying eyes. Shadows hung around her, and she welcomed them. They were necessary, a piece to the puzzle.

And through all this, through all the years, the man served.

Or so it seemed.

Through the glazed lids, the bowed head, the seemingly heavy heart, crushed by that which he had believed in, the intelligence and spirit burned. He endured the Princess' commands, and served her completely, the only one who ever met with success. Well, his success, anyway. Hers, to, but no one knew that, not yet.

For, after all, it was all part of the plan.
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=2801