Pretender Payback Part 32 by Ambrosia
Summary: If you've ever wondered how The Pretender characters would react to fanfic writers and the situations we put them in, this is the series for you! This unique round robin series (written by many different authors) started on PretendFic by Katherine Bruce (though she had no idea she was starting anything!). Then Danielle : - ) was greatly inspired and wrote a little sequel, and the rest quickly started to come into focus.
Categories: Pretenderpayback Characters: Brigitte, Broots, Lyle, Miss Parker, Sydney
Genres: Comedy
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 571 Read: 2417 Published: 29/05/05 Updated: 29/05/05
Uncomfortable Light by Ambrosia
 

PART XXXII


Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.
 
 
 

Uncomfortable Light
by Ambi

Sitting in the dark room when the Pretender cast arrived this time was an unfamiliar face.

"Right, so who are you?" the today more casually dressed Miss Parker asked.

"And why am I wearing this crap?!" she motioned to the white top, tracksuit pants and runners she was wearing.

The girl in the chair winced and pulled her dressing gown tighter around her, "have some consideration Parker" the writer managed to whisper. "I can't just write this hangover away like I could one of yours! And it's not crap! It's just big and comfy, I couldn't stand to look at you in anything more complicated, and besides, it's harder to write the nicer stuff."

"You still didn't answer the question, who are you?" Parker asked again, in a slightly softer voice.

"I'm Ambrosia, or Ambi, or Ali .. I don't care which you pick, just pick one."

"And what's with the teddy?"

"'Ay! Don't knock Sebby, he's keeping me warm!" Ambi spoke indignantly. Sydney, who had worked his way to the front of the group, offered Ambi a glass of water and asked her what she's written so that they could figure out who she was. "After all I've hardly seen you post to the group."

"I wrote," Ambi stopped and blushed.

"What? It can't be that bad."

"You didn't make me pregnant did you?" Parker asked in a warning tone. Ambi thought for a moment. "I don't think I have Parker .. but I know I wrote one you'd like.." She motioned Parker to more closer to her and whispered in her ear. "I let you shoot Lyle .. a lot." Parker smiled and nodded, looking over at Lyle who was ... yuck, she didn't even want to remember what they were doing!

"So, Ambi." said Sydney, and Ambi swooned a little.

"Yea Syd?"

"Why did you bring us here?"

It took her a moment, but she remembered. "Because I had a question: What's a tequila sunrise?  Yes I know it's a drink" she added when Bitchet, opps, Brigitte opened her mouth to speak. "I wanted to know what it actually is. I thought you guys might. And if you guys don't, maybe the other writers do." Ambi looked around at the group shaking their heads. "Oh, well, someone else probably does ...." she flicked her wrist at them. "You're free to go now."

The group turned and left, swapping ideas - mostly of the NC17 kind - of what this thing could be. Broots stopped a moment, then turned back to Ambi, looking as nervous as ever, he whispered to her, "Ah, Ambi? um, are you going to finish that story where Miss P is in love with me? After the last ep, I don't know if it'll work."

Ambi smiled, "'Course it'll work love, and as for finishing the story ... I am .. just kinda really slowly. Trust me, you'll like the part I've got written. Only problem is, i can't post it til I've got the in between bits done."

Broots nodded and slipped away to join the other characters while Ambi considered slipping back into bed.
 

This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=2367