Enemies or More? by Southern Belle
Summary: none given
Categories: Indefinite Timeline Characters: Jarod, Miss Parker, Sydney
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 3315 Read: 2638 Published: 26/05/05 Updated: 26/05/05
Enemies or More? by Southern Belle
Parker's House
2:00 AM


Parker came through the front. "Damn Jarod. I could kill him." She tossed her things down on the couch and removed her heels as she walked towards the kitchen. She opened the refrigerator door, glanced inside and slammed it shut. "Damn it." She continued cussing as she opened the top cabinet door. She pulled down a half empty bottle of vodka.

She reached for a glass when she heard a noise coming from the bedroom. She grabbed her gun from the small of her back and moved that way. She stood in the doorway. "Who's there?" She called out as she hit the light switch. A man from the shadows grabbed her gun and trapped her against the wall.

"Jarod!" She screamed.

He took the gun from her hands. "Are you going to try anything if I let you go?"

"Hell no. I'm too tried of chasing your ass all over the country."

He set her free.

She looked over at him. "What in the hell are you doing here?"

"I needed to talk to you."

"Ha! Like I'm going to believe that."

"It's true. I needed to talk to you and the only way I could do that was to get you out of Blue Cove for day so I could come here."

"Why here?"

"The sweepers would be with you."

She yawned. "Jarod, I'm really tired so spit out what you wanted to say. I'm ready for bed." She pulled her shirt out from her pants, grabbed a night shirt, and headed toward the bathroom.

Jarod still stood there staring at her. He wasn't sure if she was going to undress in front of him or what. He quickly turned his back.

Parker saw him move out of the corner of her eye. She smiled. "Relax, Jarod. I'm not going to change in front of you." She smirked.

Jarod was kinda of relieved but on the other hand....His thoughts began to run like a river.

"Jarod! Jarod!"

He heard coming from behind him. "Mmm." He turned to see her standing there. She was beautiful.

"What did you want to say? I'm tired. I'm ready for bed."

"I wanted to know...that is...I was hoping...."

By this time Parker had one hand on her hips and tapping one foot waiting for him to say what he had came to say.

"...could we be friends?"

She couldn't believe what she heard. She shook her head. "What?"

"I said could we be friends?"

"No!"

"Why not?"

"Because I'm too tired!" She stormed into the other room. He followed.

"I'm not leaving until I get an answer!"

"Fine. You can sleep on the couch." She headed back to the bedroom and grabbed a pillow and blanket.

"What?"

"I said you can sleep on the couch. I'm not in the mood to talk right now. I have been all the country searching for you butt and I'm tired. You can stay here tonight 'cause I don't feel like having a sweeper team come in when they see you leave!" She threw the pillow and the blanket at him.

He grabbed the stuff that landed on the floor and made a bed on the couch. He went back into her bedroom. He watched as she pulled the covers down and got ready to slip into her bed. She knew he was watching. "Do you need something else?" She didn't even bother to turn around.

He touched her arm and she jumped. She didn't expect him to be that close. "I just wanted to say good night."

"Good night. Now get out of my room!" She turned around and saw his sad brown eyes. "Is there something else?"

"No." Her feet touched the floor again as she leaped out of bed a second time to rab his arm and lead him out. He turned quickly, penned her against the wall. "I forgot to ask." His head just inches from hers.

"What?"

"Will it bother you if I sleep naked?" His warm breath hit her neck, giving her chills all the way down to her toes.

"No. Why?" Her words came out slowly.

"Cause I didn't want to sleep in my clothes. They might get wrinkled."

He turned and walked away leaving her still standing there, breathless. She stood there a minute to gather her thoughts before she headed to her bed. She fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Jarod grinned at the thought of Miss Parker just standing there, speechless when he told her that. He laid there awake for a while before drifting off to dreamland.

******

Parker tossed and turned for a while. She couldn't get what Jarod had said out of her head. She rolled over at looked at the clock. "4:00 am. All I wanted was some sleep." She got up, hoping Jarod would still be there in the other room. As she made her way in toward the couch she could see the online of a sleeping body. She sat down next to him.

"Jarod."

He didn't answer. "Jarod." She repeated. All she got was a grunt.

"Jarod, are you awake?"

"Mmm....." He moaned.

"Jarod." She shook him this time.

His eyes popped open. "What?"

"Do you still want to be friends?"

"I thought you didn't want to talk about it."

"Just answer my question." She snapped.

"Yeah."

She stared into those baby brown eyes. "What if I can't stop at friendship?" She leaned in.

"What if I don't want you too?" He moved his head closer to hers. Their lips brushed. Parker kissed him. Then pulled away. "Come on, Jarod." She took his hand and lead him into her room. "You lied to me." She whispered she kissed him again.

"What are you talking about?"

"You said you were sleeping naked." A wicked smile crossed her lips as she climbed back into bed.

"You want naked. I'll give you naked." Jarod peeled his clothes off and climbed into the bed right behind her.

******

Parker woke to sound of the alarm clock. She reached over and turned it off with her free and. She couldn't move the rest of her body cause Jarod's head was laying in the middle of her back and he was tracing circles around her shoulder with his fingertips.

"How long have you been awake?"

"A while." He kissed her shoulder and set her free.

She rolled over and looked up at him. "Why didn't you wake me?"

"You looked so peaceful."

She pulled him down on her, ran her fingers through his hair as she kissed him. "I could call in sick."

His fingers ran from her jaw line to her neck and down to her chest. "They would come looking for you and find me." His lips brushed each breast before glancing at her again.

"Then why don't we shower."

"I would love to but I would hate to make you late."

She sat up. "Jarod, don't tell me this is a one night stand."

"It's not."

"Then why are making me feel that way?"

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"Parker, I was hoping you come home early."

"Why come home early when I could stay here all day?"

"Because...I don't want them to get suspicious."

"Fine." She got up and headed to the shower. She came out and Jarod was still laying in the bed. She combed through her hair and removed her towel. She stood there naked in front of him as she found her clothes and got dressed. He watched her as she applied her makeup. She walked over to the bed, sat down. "I take it you will be here when I get home."

He pulled her closer and gave her kiss. "Not only will I be here but I will have a surprise waiting on for you."

"What kind of surprise?"

"I can't tell you but I promise it will make up for this morning." He kissed her again.

"Listen I will call you when I'm coming home. Let it ring once. Then I will call again. Pick up on the second ring."

"Okay."

She ran her fingers down his chest. "I will see you later." She walked out the room. Jarod heard the door shut before he got out of bed and headed toward the shower.

*******

The Centre
8:00 AM

Parker tried her best to cover the smile that kept forming on her lips. She really felt happy, that was something she hasn't felt in a long while.

Syndey and Broots entered her office. "Miss Parker."

"Yes, Broots." She looked up and it was like a beam of light shined through her.

"Doesn't someone look happy this morning."

"What are you talking about Syd?" She tried to cover up the smile.

"It's just that I haven't seen you look this happy in a long while."

"Yeah, since we didn't get Jarod." Broots sat down in the chair in front of her desk.

"I don't know what you are talking about. I don't ook happy." She tried to Sydney it but it was a losing battle. They could see right through her.

"Okay....whatever." Broots looked around the room.

"Do you have any new leads on Jarod?" She asked as she grazed at the papers on her desk.

"No. The last place he sent us was a dead end."

"Then, I guess you better keep searching."

"Okay, I'm on it." He got up and left the older man with her.

Parker stared up at Sydney, who was now standing beside her chair. "Can I help you?"

"Mmm."

"Syd?"

"Oh, who he is?"

"Who's who?"

"The guy."

"What guy?"

"The guy that makes you happy."

"Always the shrink, uh Syd?"

"Come on, Parker. I'm glad he makes you happy."

"You know, I have work to do."

"Oh. Alright." He exited out her office.

Parker looked down at her watch. "9:00...Mmm..." She got and paced her office. Looking down again, "9:01" She got out her cell phone and began dialing her home phone number. "Come on that's the second ring."

"Hello?"

"Hey, may I come home now?"

"It's only 9:02."

"I know but I miss you."

"I tell you what. Can you give me at least an hour?"

She let out a frustrating moan. "I guess. One hour and that's it!"

"Thanks."

She hung up the phone and decided to kill a little time by aggravating Broots. His door was open and she found him goofing off as usual. She stood in front of him with her hands crossed at her chest. She cleared her throat.

"Um Miss Parker, I didn't hear you enter." He quickly hid the papers he was working on.

"Broots!"

"Y.yeah."

"What are you doing?"

"N..nothing...nothing. Why?"

"It doesn't matter. Have you found anything?"

"No."

"Has Angelo seen the stuff we got from Jarod's last lair?"

"No."

"What have you been doing since you left my office?"

"Uh.mmm. Sydney is getting Angelo." He spit out. It was the only thing he could think at short notice.

"I'm not feeling well. I think I will catch you later." She exited his office as Broots let out a sigh of relief. She pulled out her cell phone in the hall. She dial her number again and scanned the hall with her eyes, to make sure nobody was listening.

"Hello?"

"I can't stay here another minute. I'm going to run by the store on my way home. Is there anything you want while I'm there?"

"Pick up something sweet."

"You mean besides me."

He laughed. "Yeah."

"Okay, see you soon." She hung up the phone.

"Leaving early?" Sydney replied as he walked up behind her.

"I didn't see you there."

"I just walked up."

"I'm not feeling well. I think I'm head home."

"This doesn't have anything to do with the guy at your house, does it?"

"What guy?" She walked off.

"What guy? Here we go again."

"Bye Syd." She turned and smiled as she faded down the hallway.

He shook his head and smiled as he headed toward Mr. Broots' office.

******

Parker's House
10:30 AM

Parker entered her house carrying several bags of groceries. "Jarod!" She yelled as she set the bags down on the table. When he didn't answer she went looking for him. "Jarod!" She opened the bathroom door and found him standing there in boxers.

"What are you doing?" She smiled.

"Do you like your surprise?" He moved to the side and hit the play button on the portable CD player. Soft music played as Parker stepped over to the tub. She ran her fingertips over the bubbles that filled the warm water.

"I will like it better if you were in there." She pointed to the tub.

Jarod grinned, slid the boxers off, and took her hand.

"I can't get in with my clothes on."

"Well, let me help you with that." He kissed her neck. He slowly removed each piece of clothing, only to stop long enough to kiss her here and there. Then, he helped her in the tub. "Would you like a glass if wine?" He grabbed two glasses.

"It's a little early, don't you think?"

"It's not my fault you had to come home early." He poured wine into the glasses and handed her one. "Let's make a toast."

"To what?"

"To a new beginning."

"To a new beginning." The glasses clinked. he took a slip and sat the glass down. She shank down in the warm bubble bath. Jarod grabbed her ankle and pulled her to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him long and hard. They played in the tub a while before calling it a day. They took turns drying each other off before she escorted him to the bedroom. She giggled at every touch he made on her soft skin. After a while of making love to the woman he loved he had to tell her the three little words he couldn't hold back any longer. "I love you." Escaped his lips and entered her ears.

The words made her nervous. "Jarod, wait." She fought to get him off of her.

"Parker, wait."

She stood at the edge of the bed. "I...I.."

"It's okay. I understand if you don't feel the same way."

"...but I do feel the same way."

He sat up and reached for her hand. Pulling her back down to the bed, he held her close to him. "I also understand if you can't say them. I just wanted you to know how I felt."

She closed her eyes. "Jarod, I..."

"Shh..."

She opened her icy blue eyes and stared up at him. "It's just that I feel the same and I don't know if I'm ready for where this is leading."

"What do you mean 'where this is leading'? You are the one that told me you didn't what a one night stand."

"I don't. You make me happy. It's just that this is starting to get complicated."

"It's love. Love gets complicated." With one hand around her shoulder, he pulled her closer and kissed her neck, her ear, and finally her lips. "Come back to bed." He whispered.

She pushed him down on the mattress and took full advantage of him.

******

A few hours later, she woke to find him gone. She slid on a robe and entered the other room. She found him sitting at the table eating a cup cake. "I thought..."

"...that I left."

"I wasn't sure."

"I wouldn't have left without saying good-bye."

She sat down next to him. "Jarod..."

"It's okay. Don't worry about it. You want a cup cake?"

"No. I got those for you."

"Are you sure?"

"I feel like we need to talk."

"Later. I'm saving my strength for round two." He beamed.

"So that's what the cup cake were for."

"Yep." He stuffed another down. He took her hand. "Are you ready?"

"I think I need to rest a bit longer."

He got up and poured a glass of milk. "Okay, see you in bedroom." He strolled off.

Parker sat there a minute. She couldn't believe what just happen. She entered the bedroom and saw him laying there on his side under the covers. She sat down next to him. "Will you hold me?"

He held his arms out and Parker fell into them. He gripped her tightly into his chest. He could feel a cold wetness of her tears as they ran down his stomach. "Melissa."

She jerked up. "You remembered."

He wiped away the tears. "How could I forgot your name?"

"I thought everybody had."

"I'm not everybody."

"Oh, Jarod." Her head rested on his chest again.

"Let's get some rest." He held her as she started to drift off.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you too." He kissed the top of her head.

******

In the early morning hours she rolled off of him. "Jarod."

"Yeah." He stated breathless.

"What do you say to a little break and we go for another round?"

"I've created a monster."

"It's just that I have this feeling we are going to have to leave me soon. I want to be able to have enough of you to last me a while." She traced his lips with her tongue.

"Break time's over." He grabbed the covers and pulled it over their heads. She let out a few soft moans and giggles as he made his way up and down her body.

******

The next night they said their good-byes.

"I'm going to miss you." She kissed him again.

"Not as much as I'm going to miss you."

She held onto him tight.

"I'm not going to be able to leave if you don't let go."

"I know but I can't."

He returned another kiss.

"When will I see you again?"

"Soon."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise." This time he held on.

She stared in his eyes. "You could stay the night."

"But it will be harder to leave."

"Come on, it's late."

"But if I leave in the dark it will be harder for anybody to see me."

Her tongue entered his slightly parted lips. He deepen the kiss. "I guess I could leave in a couple of hours."

"Good." She removed the bag from his shoulder and set it down on the floor. She smiled as they made their to bedroom again.

******

The moonlight hit Jarod's face. He carefully got up and dressed. He leaned over her sleeping body. "Parker, I'm leaving." He whispered.

"Uh."

He kissed her cheek.

She opened her eyes.

"I'm leaving."

"Can I have one more kiss?"

"It's the least I can do." He kissed her for a very long time, mainly because she wouldn't let go of him. When he got loose he held onto her hand until he couldn't reach her anymore.

"I love you." She whispered as she watched him stand at the door one last time.

"I love you more." Then he disappeared. She heard the door shut and she ran to window, hoping to catch another glance of him. All she could see was darkness. She sat there a while before returning to bed.

The End!
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=2157