my journey tonight is almost funny. I was just sobbing 9 minutes ago and now I'm feeling something else completely different from sandness. Wooo wooo hot. Best hot smut story ever. The visuals ... yeah I'm over here like "what pandemic?" This is what I needed. I love how you use that 'in the arms of an angel" song that played when Jarod found Parker in that bar after Thomas' funeral. So appropriate. I read this much too fast. I need to read it again. Then I'm going to read your scary stuff and lose myself in pretender. You are so sweet to have written so much for us to have during times just like this one. I'm so grateful to you Mirage.Reviewer: Jen Signed [Report This]
Date: 21/03/20 06:43 am
OMG! This is so hot! More.Reviewer: Mary Anonymous [Report This]
Date: 12/12/19 10:25 pm
So I'm suppoosed to be grading papers but I'm here instead reading stories that I should have read years ago. I was really missing out. I LOVE this!
- Parker forgetting what the point is... and I'm glad. Because with the Centre gone there is no point.
- "Parker," He breathed raggedly against my lips. His voice was strained and uncertain and it spurred me on, because, after all, I'm one part invitation, one part intimidation—a recipe for disaster, a Molotov fucking cocktail—and at the time, I felt completely intimidating, all-consuming; I delighted in his apprehensions." She does get cocky on the show and then bites off more than she can chew. Jarod's a mouthful.;-)
- "I couldn't answer him because I couldn't breathe- funny the way that works, isn't it?" The comedy is amazing. I can hear Parker saying all of this.
- THIS::: "I can think of nothing more terrifying than to be exposed to Jarod the way I was to Thomas. And face it: it certainly didn't turn out well for Thomas." It's all about Thomas. Come on the one time she falls in love the person dies... that would scare me from falling in love too. Thanks for not dissing Thomas as something that didn't matter. He wasn't a whim. She loved him, was going to marry him.
- "He repaired the door and apologized and we actually laughed about it over dinner—yes, I invited him to dinner—on the condition that he cooked it, of course—and we managed to not kill each other." LOL. Miss Parker ain't cooking for nobody. I LOVE IT.
- "All I want is some time, some space, all I want is---all I want is to know what I want because I don't know what I want anymore but I know that he can't be what I want. Am I complicated or what?" Yes, she's complicated. But I love her. I love how you capture her!
- "I feel him unlace his fingers from mine and they slip between us. "I-I-" He stammers. "I can-" He's at a loss for a words here- it's a rare phenomenon." Bahahaha. It is rare. I love what you did here. It's GENIUS.
- "This defies description. Where's a fucking thesaurus when you need one?" lol. I love it.
- YOu always end with them in a place where they could be happy...but that's where you stop. Because you're not a shipper?
- I love it. I love that she wants to have sex with him and doesn't want to have sex with him but wants to have sex with him but probably is feeling like she's going against everything she was trained to be and believe. It's not easy to change the old ways. She wants to be honest and she says things even though her mind doesn't want her to be... because the training and is questioning her own sanity and ask any those fundamental latter day saint people they'll tell you had hard it is to walk away from a life you've alwasy lived and stop hating the people you were taught to hate and learn a new way. You nailed it here. She seemed insane on the show...not just the innner sense but before when she learned her father did something evil or lied she'd still turn around and threaten to shoot Jarod. She found out Jarod had been kidnapped and STILL like a crazy nutty person chased Jarod a kidnap victim with a gun. She was insane on the show. I'm glad she's getting better here in your story and breaking free of the centre chains. I hope you'll revisit this.
Date: 15/08/19 10:06 pm
I've read a lot Parker POV fics and sex fics but this is my favorite topped only by Happenstance maybe and Sweet Dreams. I like how real this went and the descriptive work that makes it all the more plausibile. I think there would be doubts, I think it would be hard for Parker to see herself clear of the indoctrination. The way they'd become friends and have grown closer and she was still trying to deny that to herself it just sounds exactly like the Miss Parker I know and love. It make it all the more meaningful.
Ahhhh and the tender way Jarod has with her. It definitely is the best Parker pov smut story I've read but it's so much more than smut. It only works because he knows her so well and knows she wants the next step and she so very clearly does. Perfect.Reviewer: Renee Collins Anonymous [Report This]
Date: 11/03/18 09:52 pm
Could think of no better way to warm up than to read this again. Mirage you nailed them wow and in Parker pov too! I could hear Miss Parker sarcasm in every line and see how Jarod was with her. He was so sweet! SO you can write him nice and gentle, not always evil. It is HOT.
That is a hot hot story. I am forever impressed with your ability to make it all so real. It's never just the smut with you though because you offer real insight into thoughts, the past and fears. OH my Gooddd please write more of this, more smut in Parker pov. Love how she's just going to try now where she never has in the past and I love that they are already sort of friends when this occurs between them. It makes it all the more realistic. I listened to all of those songs as I read this and wow. I love all those songs now lol! They are like a soundtrack for MPJ!
SOme of my fav lines here..."My father is dead- - toss a fucking coin, all right; they're both dead"- loled at that.
"I can try to trust him implicitly- yes, I know that sounds improbable and out of character, and yet, inevitable. Whatever." lol!
"Mm, perhaps I should warn Jarod. Nah. There may still be a happy ending; after all, Jarod isn't a minor character" lmao at the comparison to independence day!
"I'm the predator here, yes? I want to be the spider, damnit; instead, however, he was azing at me like I was the hapless fly ensnared in his elaborate web or, if you prefer: in a display case with the other thirty-two flavors, something he'd scoop up and put in waffle cone and then devour." Love that ice cream reference!
More please with sugar on top, cream and cherries? Please!
Reviewer: Chloe Signed [Report This]
Date: 09/01/15 10:41 pm
I know I already review this one, but I must do it again because it's fantastic.
And this part...
Date: 26/09/13 03:07 am
Wait, so all those songs did come on in an hour? o.O
For some reason I have a hard time hearing Miss Parker and Jarod's voices no matter what I'm reading, but this piece overcame my issues because Parker's sarcasm and attitude is all over it, magnified and more casual by being an internal monologue. One of my favourite early lines:
What was he expecting? A hero's welcome? A dinner invitation? He just broke my door.
What I love here is a couple of things. Firstly, that while they both have feelings for each other, there are real reasons they had been together before, and those reasons are not pure mush but rather important to the character. Secondly, that while Miss Parker is once again in her relatively passive role, with Jarod all-knowing and in charge, this trope is subverted by her snark, her self-awareness, and those little moments at the end where she's just doing her thing and he finally is scared that she's rejecting him for real.
Another favourite line: I hear and feel a sigh of relief from him and I'd really like him to tell me what has him so relieved. I want to be relieved as well.
It's such a moment of almost "I Capture the Castle" innocence and open questioning, it sent me back to thinking of Miss Parker as a child, and how their development as people, as well as their relationship, has crossed and converged over their lifetime. I also love the Independence Day reference *hearts* and the way this fic is ended - normally I say my ideal fic ends with the characters just maybe starting to connect, before the sex. Yet here it is with that moment coming after some kinda!sex and really, I think I love it this way even more :]
Hi, a tattered rose, yes, all of those songs came on within an hour, but I didn't listen to each song in its entirety, and I shuffled around from one internet radio station to another at random and was honestly hoping for a better selection of songs- ah well. Im glad you were able to enjoy it and I hope to see another of your fics grace this site soon.Reviewer: a tattered rose Signed [Report This]
Date: 11/12/11 05:28 pm
Forgot to rate.Reviewer: MissParker Anonymous [Report This]
Date: 08/10/11 05:31 pm
Best one of these I've ever read!!! Continue please.
Thanks, MissParker. No, this isn't the best as I've recently discovered. Hmm, no, there are no plans for a continuation.
Reviewer: MissParker Anonymous [Report This]
Date: 08/10/11 05:29 pm
Hot summer fic! I love it!:))
Thank you, dimana, for the r & r. I'm pleased that you like it.Reviewer: dimana Anonymous [Report This]
Date: 25/08/11 12:36 pm