[Reviews - 95] starstarstarstarhalf-starPrinterMicrosoft Word
Summary: What if the Centre had the power to take it all away?  Jarod is captured and they try to ensure that he will never escape again.
Rated: PG 13
Retired
Categories: Post IOTH
Characters: Angelo, Broots, Jarod, Lyle, Miss Parker, Mr Raines, Sam, Sydney
Genres: Angst, Drama
Warnings: Warning: Violence
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 46107 Read: 67654
Published: 29/07/07 Updated: 10/12/08
Story Notes:

This is my first multi-chapter piece.  Please be patient with me as I figure out what my muse has in mind.

Disclaimer:  I'm not sure who owns the Pretender anymore, but it sure as heck isn't me.  I do this for fun, so don't sue me.

1. The Alley by MP [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstar (2246 words)
Hope you enjoy!  If anyone knows of a beta who can help me with further chapters, I'd love to hear from you.

2. Animus by MP [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (4225 words)

A very special thanks goes out to my beta, Manoline, without whom I'd probably suck.

Read and enjoy, but remember, I love reviews:)

Disclaimer:  I don't own the Pretender (there's a surprise.)  I do this for fun, so PLEASE don't sue me.

3. Decisions by MP [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (5926 words)

Okay, SORRY it's been so long!  I am still writing, I promise.  Future chapters will be more timely.  A special thanks to Sarah and Terra, who've saved me from many a metal tongue lashing.  Reviews will convince me that I should be nice and post faster.

Disclaimer:  I don't own them, and unfortunately there are no squatter's rights in the Pretenderverse.  NBC created these characters.  I promise not to make money off of them (though, really, who would give me any?) and to return them all in one piece

4. No Other Way by MP [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (4945 words)

A huge thanks, as always, to Manoline and Topanga.

Disclaimer:  I don't own them.  If I did own them, the world would be a much happier place.  And since there is literally no money in internet fan fiction, I would appreciate it if the people who do own them would refrain from suing me.

5. Ghosts and Ghouls by MP [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (5064 words)

Sorry about the long wait.  I hope you're all still reading and enjoying!

Disclaimer:  Whoops, forgot to mention, I DON'T OWN THEM!  So, your not gonna sue, right? Mmm, kay.

6. Believe Your Own Lies by MP [Reviews - 13] starstarstarstarstar (4100 words)

Sorry about the Star Wars'esque waiting period.  A huge shout out goes to Manoline and Topanga, my brilliant betas who managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat yet again.

Disclaimer:  I still don't own these characters, though I give them more attention than their mummys ever did.  Please don't sue; I'd have to pay you in quarters and gum wrappers.

7. Games and Gambits by MP [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (5938 words)

A huge SORRY to everyone who's been following this story.  There's no excuse for letting it go this long without an update.  Thanks to everyone who's left reviews, emailed me, and generally pestered.  Credit, as always, goes to my lovely betas Manoline, who saved me from more "ups"'s than I can count and Topanga who got my lazy butt back in motion.  And since you've all probably forgotten the first 6 chapters, picture Syd's voice . . .

PREVIOUSLY ON FLIGHT OF MEMORY:

In the wake of the events of IotH, Jarod was captured and brought back to the Centre, where Raines has developed an insidious plan to control him.  Enlisting the help of the creepy Dr. Anders, Raines plans to wipe Jarod's recent memory using an experimental new drug treatment--the Animus Therapy.  To buy more time, Sydney convinces Raines to run one more beta test on the drug.

In the interim, Raines enlists Miss Parker to handle Jarod's security.  Lyle, however, is shut out of the project, much to his dismay.  Sydney goes to Broots, who is enjoying a normal job again, and convinces him to help find a way of saving Jarod.  Broots fails to uncover a flaw in the security, but stumbles across a rumor: apparently one of the designers of Animus is on the run from the Centre.  This mystery scientist may hold the secret to reversing the drug.

Meanwhile, deep in the sublevels under heavy guard, Jarod is going mad with anxiety.  At Raines' orders, Sydney talks to Jarod about the procedure, which will take place in less than a week.  Miss Parker holds her breath, waiting for the explosion that must follow . . .

8. The Price of Solace by MP [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (4351 words)

Well, I'm back after a longer-than-anticipated hiatus.  My thanks to everyone who has kept up with this story.  I particularly want to thank Jacci, who got this posted  while the archive held a grudge against me, and my lovely betas Topanga and Manoline.

9. Maelstrom by MP [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (4078 words)

Hey all,

Yes, I've tortured you longer than I meant to.  RL has been crazy.  Also, this chap has been a labor of love spanning more than a year, and I didn't want to release it before it was ready.

I will warn you, though, that it is not for the faint of heart.  I seriously considered upping the rating based solely on medical creepiness and the emotional disturbance factor.  If you are easily bothered by such things, please skip to the end notes, where I've attached a brief summary.

Honors and accolades go to Manoline and Topanga, my betas without whom this chapter would literally not exist.

And in case you don't know, I do not own The Pretender.  But I live in a world of denial, so play along.

10. Before I Wake by MP [Reviews - 19] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5234 words)

Sorry for the truly shameful waiting period.  RL has been doing what it does best.

A huge thanks to my incredibly patient betas, Topanga and Manoline, who somehow find time to make sense of my stories when I'm sure there are countless better things they could be doing.

I don't own any characters or places in The Pretender.  If I did, I would be very happy.  The characters . . . not so much.