Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without their

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without their permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

Happiness

 

 

Miss Parker had unpacked the last box and put the last item in its place. She looked around the house and then looked outside. This was her new life away from the Centre and she was happy about that. No more chasing after a pretender that didn’t want to come back to the Centre.

 

She glanced at one of the gifts that Jarod had sent her. It was an angel taking flight. Another gift that he had sent was he had given her a bank account, so she wouldn’t have to use the Centre’s money. It probably was Centre’s money, but she didn’t care. She couldn’t believe that he would do that for her after all she had tried to take him back to the place that he hated and feared.

 

She watched as Tommy carried the discarded box to the trash. They were going to go shopping after that. She needed some clothes. She couldn’t exactly use the clothes that she had used when she was working for the Centre. They also needed to go grocery shopping.

 

This was the first time that she had gotten more than one days supply of food. She usually got take out, or if she did go to the grocery store it was just to get stuff for that day because she never knew when she had to leave. She wasn’t a great cook, but she could cook.

 

She went to the window and watched as Tommy started the yard work that needed to be done. He was raking the leaves and smiled as she watched him work. He would be going to work tomorrow and she would have to look for work. She didn’t know what kind of job she would get. She would have to look at the classifieds tomorrow. She really didn’t have to work. With the money that Jarod had given to her and what she had in her bank account, but she wanted to do something other than sitting around the house doing nothing.

 

The next day she woke up and looked at Tommy’s sleeping face. This was true happiness. Waking up with the man that she loved.