Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used
without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.




False Hope
part 1
by startdust_2006






Early Thursday Morning
At the Centre

Miss Parker is about to enter Broots’ office. She stops as she hears a hushed conversation between Sydney and Broots.

“But Syd, don’t you think it’s about time that she caught on to our extra-curricular activities,” Broots whispered nervously. Miss Parker scrunched her eyebrows and continued to listen.

“Look calm down. She will never find out. For years now she has trusted in us. She would never suspect us of anything,” the accented voice answered.

“Yeah but we’ve been helping Jarod. I know we don’t do it as much as we should but still, you know how angry she can get. Miss Parker a.k.a. the Ice Queen is known for her violence. Last time was a close call. Even Angelo was freaked.” Broots had begun to pace around the office. Miss Parker slowly started to back away from the door. Her faced was now considerably paler then before. Her eyes wide open from the sheer shock.

“Broots, just act normal around her. Our first priority has been to keep Jarod safe, he deserves it.”

“What about her freedom? We’ve been technically keeping it from her by helping him.”

“That is something we have to sacrifice. Her mother did the same in order to save Jarod. Did you know that Catherine Parker believed that Jarod was closer to her heart than those born of her blood? She would have wanted us to protect Jarod at all costs.”

Miss Parker stopped her gradual retreat and clutched her stomach.

“I hope you’re right Sydney because I feel bad about all the times that we have helped Jarod trap her.”

Hearing a rustling, Miss Parker hide in the obscure corner as she saw Sydney and Broots exit the office and head for the elevators. Taking in a choppy breath, Miss Parker headed towards her father’s office.

“Daddy,” she exclaimed as she pushed open the both doors, “I have a personal request.”

“Angel, what can I do for you?” Not even looking up from his work.

“I need to take a temporary leave.” Miss Parker leaned on her father’s desk, as he seemed to ponder her request.

“Why Angel, why would you need to leave?” Mr. Parker questioned, his voice gruff.

Thinking of the most convincing excuse she put on a puppy-eyed look and said, “I am still suffering the after effects of my ulcer and would only be a hindrance to the chance.”
At these words Mr. Parker looked up quickly, “Of course Angel take of as much time as you need.” Miss Parker couldn’t decide if he gave her permission because he cared for her health or because she would interfere in the search for Jarod but at the time it didn’t matter.

“Fine. Thank you daddy. I will call you in a few weeks,” Miss Parker said as she left the office.


In her office, she found Broots and Sydney waiting for her. Maintaining her cold exterior she sat behind her desk.

“What do you have, Brootsie? Anything interesting?” She asked coldly.

“I-I think I have a lead-lead on Jarod. Do you want me to check up on it?” Broots stuttered while looking down at his feet.

“Why don’t you do that. And have Sydney help you.” With a quick motion she ushered them out of her room. She opened her purse took out her cell phone. Turning it off she placed it in her drawer and searched for her keys. Briefly taking a looking at the picture of her mother, she placed it face down on her desk and then headed out the door. Everyone noticed her presence as she walked through the Centre and then out the front door, not looking back in the process.