Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

- - - -

I can wait another day until I call you
You've only got my heart on a string and everything a'flutter
But another lonely night might take forever
We've only got each other to blame
It's all the same to me love
Cause I know what I feel to be right

No more lonely nights
No more lonely nights
You're my guiding light
Day or night I'm always there

May I never miss the thrill of being near you
And if takes a couple of years
To turn your tears to laughter
I will do what I feel to be right

No more lonely nights (Never be another)
No more lonely nights
You're my guiding light
Day or night I'm always there

And I won't go away until you tell me so
No, I'll never go away
Yes, I know what I feel to be right

No more lonely nights (Never be another)
No more lonely nights
You're my guiding light
Day or night I'm always there

And I won't go away until you tell me so
No, I'll never go away
And I won't go away until you tell me so
No, I'll never go away

No more lonely nights, no, no

I know that you think of me highly, but that it's never going to amount to anything more than friendship. You have your sights set on him. I know you share something special with him, but I know you deserve to be with someone who can make you truly happy, who loves you for who you are now, not because of something that happened years ago.
I know I don't have a lot to offer conventionally, but I don't think that's the most important thing. I mean, how many people really know about your nightly migraines, huh? I'm not sure if the others know that. But I do, and it's all I can do to see you hurting like that, wanting to take that pain away.

There are very few people in our lives who have actually seen what a terrific person you are. I will always be grateful for what a wonderful person you've been to Debbie; she wants to be just like you, and when she told me that, it only strengthened my feelings for you, because to see someone wanting to emulate you only tells me that you are truly beautiful.

You are a wonderful person, Miss Parker, even if you don't think so. I know you still agonize over losing your mother, that you try to keep it to yourself, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out how much pain you're in, and how much I long to be the one who comforts you.

When you were with Thomas, I was jealous, but I kept my feelings hidden, because I saw how happy you were with him. And when he was killed, I wanted to comfort you, but I didn't know how. But I did cry when you cried, and it only made me want to be with you even more.

It's taken me a while to work up the courage to finally do this, but I know this is the right time. Everyone's gone home for the evening, and I stand in the shadows near your office, watching you through your window. You are again, sitting in your office, working on today's chase reports. I look at my wristwatch; it's almost six-thirty, and I can tell you're already starting to get your headache again, because you gently rub your forehead. You look so beautiful, even like this. Well, it's now or never.

Taking a deep breath, I clutch the bottle of scotch and the small bouquet of gardenias I bought earlier, and I walk into your office. You glance at me, and you are more startled than anything else to see me standing there, grinning slightly.

"What is this?" you ask me warily.

"Can we talk?" I ask, slightly nervous.

You look at your reports, then sigh and push them aside. You're glad for the reprieve from Centre business. "Sure. What's on your mind, Broots?"

THE END

What did you think it was someone else talking? *winks*