Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

The Box
by Allie



Brigitte sauntered across the main lobby of the Centre, under her arm a rectagular box was tucked. She spied Broots across the lobby talking to someone, another geek by the look of him. She winked at him and smiled at the way he shuffled his feet and ducked his head.

"What a dork," she mumbled threw her cherry flavored lollipop. That flavor was her favorite and her dear lovey hubby Parker had gifted her with a whole container of them.

She hurried into the elevator as it opened and quickly pressed the "close door" button so no one else could board. The door closed and she allowed her excitment free rein and gave the box a big hug. The elevator opened on the floor for her office and she quickly walked down the hall, then slowed as Miss Parker came up the other way.

"In a hurry?" Miss Parker drawled, taking a glance at the package Brigitte held. "Another exciting day at the Centre just too much to contemplate?"

Brigitte hugged her box, resisting the urge to give Miss Parker the finger. She couldn't do that, after all, she was her mother. Brigitte smoothered the urge to giggle at that.

"Be a good girl would you, and get me a cup of coffee?"

"When hell freezes over," Miss Parker said, ice dripping off her tone, and sauntered away.

Brigitte looked after her, then turned and took more measured steps up the hallway to her office. She didn't want anyone to get any ideas as to why she was in a hurry. Once in her office, she closed the door and locked it, listening for the sharp click of the locking mechanism. Now she didn't have to worry about anyone spying on her and she ran to her desk, grabbed a letter opener from a desk drawer and cut through the packaging.

Once the box was opened, she gently pushed aside the tissue wrapping and pulled out the special edition, long-awaited Monica Lewinsky Barbie Doll.

She held it up and admired the strategically stained party dress and was certain the doll would be a stand out among the other Barbie's in her collection.