Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.

Nothing bad is meant by us mentioning Steven and Craig... After all, we love them cuz they created our favorite show... we're just having a good time at basiacally everyone's expence, so please don't take it seriously and sue... : - )


Pretender Payback
PART 18: LIGHT STORY
by KB



Jarod pulled out one of the chairs and dropped into it with a sigh. Having spent the morning watching his ‘twin’ enact another scene, he was now wondering what the writers would do to them when it finally aired. The suppressed sexual tension in the scene between his ‘double’ and Miss Parker’s had been so strong that he could almost smell it and he dreaded the stories that would come as soon as it aired. As the lights dimmed once more, he put his head down on his arms and tried to ignore it.

"Jarod?"

"Go away!" The words were muffled but the writers could hear them and grinned at each other.

"Don’t you want to know why we’re here?"

He spun around and glared at them. "Gee," he said, his voice heavy with sarcasm. "You wouldn’t be here to torment me by any chance, would you?"

Danielle : - ) grinned and, despite himself, Jarod found himself grinning back. Her smile made him bubble with amusement and, although he tried to hide it, the smile spread across his features.

"Actually, Jarod, it’s something totally different. Besides, you’re working with us now, remember? We wouldn’t harm you here. We can do that enough in our stories. We’ve got a piece of news I think you’ll like."

"What is it?"

"Guess."

He thought for a few second, at the same time pulling himself up onto the table behind him. Several of the female writers moved around behind him…to ‘prevent him from escaping’. (Yeah, right!)

"Raines is dead?"

"Hey, I heard that!" Raines appeared from the shadow, escorted by Ambi, and glared at Jarod who grinned back, unnerved. Having spoken to KB and Danielle : - ) soon after joining the writers, he had learnt a few things and, when he raised an eyebrow, Raines found himself hovering several feet above ground. As the oxygen tank had gone with him, the group left him up there and ignored him for the rest of the interview.

"You were hoping. Got a better idea?"

"Miss Parker is pregnant again?"

"Well, of course, but I meant in this dimension, not in the fiction dimension." Miss Parker also appeared from the shadows as one of the writers said this and she glared around at the group. Realising that she was getting no reaction, she moved into the circle and joined Jarod on the table. The male writers moved around to join some of the others as extra ‘back-up’.

"Come on, Jarod. You’ve got one guess left."

"The other Parkers have vanished off the face of the earth." Miss Parker looked as hopeful as Jarod but their expressions faded into annoyance as the writers shook their heads. As they did this, the rest of the characters, including Angelo, Kyle, the two young children and Sydney appeared among the writers. At a wave, the two on the table were brought over to join the other writers. Slowly the lights became dimmer and, just prior to going out, they began to brighten again. In the circle the outer group could see two men bent over a pile of papers which had appeared on the table. As the light grew stronger, they looked up from their writing and stared in shock at the large group encircling them.

"Hey, what the…?"

"What…who are…?"

Danielle : - ) and KB grinned at each other and then stepped forward. The men backed away until a familiar dull thud was heard and the two men were standing, spread-eagled, against the inside of the cone.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, if we may…"

"We’d like to present Steven Long Mitchell and Craig W. van Sickle."

Then they stood back and waited for the reaction.




KB